Print Print    Close Close

Louisiana police say 15-year-old 'out-of-state' teen behind bomb threat that moved polling site

By Greg Norman-Diamond

Published November 09, 2022

Fox News
Leo Terrell rips Democrats for soft-on-crime policies: 'They have abandoned law enforcement' Video

Police in a New Orleans suburb say a "15-year-old juvenile from out of state" is behind a bomb threat at a school that forced Louisiana election officials to move a polling site Tuesday. 

An investigation into the incident surrounding Kenner Discovery School also determined that the bomb threat was related to another one directed at the facility last week, according to the Kenner Police Department. 

"An arrest warrant has been obtained for the juvenile for the crimes of... False Communication with the Intent to Cause an Emergency Response and... Communicating of False Information of Planned Arson," Kenner Police said in a statement. 

Investigators are "working with the local law enforcement agency in which the juvenile resides in affecting an arrest," police added. 

2022 MIDTERM ELECTIONS: LIVE UPDATES   

Election Day bomb threat

The Kenner Discovery School in Kenner, Louisiana suffered a bomb threat on Election Day. (Google Maps)

Kenner Police also said it "strongly believes" the bomb threat received at Kenner Discovery School on Tuesday morning "is not election related in any way." 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP 

Election Day bomb threat

The Audubon Elementary School became a polling site on Tuesday after officials directed the public away from the Kenner Discovery Health Sciences Academy. (Google Maps)

On Nov. 3, Discovery Schools CEO Patty Glaser said middle and high school students were evacuated from the "Kenner Discovery Health Sciences Academy Loyola and Vintage campuses due to an electronic bomb threat called into the high school demanding bitcoin payment," according to a statement obtained by WDSU.

Police say no students were inside the school yesterday as it was closed for Election Day. 

Greg Norman is a reporter at Fox News Digital.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-police-say-15-year-old-out-state-teen-bomb-threat-moved-polling-site

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ